This is without a doubt, THE yummiest double chocolate chip cookie recipe that I have ever tried. To add a little sprinkle of Christmas, I also changed up the chips to Minstrels and Smarties from some Christmas sweet tubes, mmm is all I can say!
INGREDIENTS for 10 cookies:
• 200g of butter
• 300g brown sugar
• 2 tablespoons of vanilla essence
• 2 eggs
• 300g self raising flower
• 80g cocoa powder
• 1 tablespoon of baking soda
• 300 grams of chocolate/chips
1) Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
2) Beat the butter, sugar and vanilla into a large bowl. Beat in the egg slowly, until it is fluffy.
3) In a seperate bowl, sift in the flour, cocoa powder and baking powder together.
4) Add the two mixtures together, bit by bit. Keep mixing until the mixture is no longer powdery. Now’s the fun part – add in the chocolate. (I’d also suggest licking the spoon… come on, we all do it.)
5) Spoon the mixture onto a baking tray in small balls. Bake into the oven for 12 minutes. Leave the cookies to cool for 20 minutes, aaaaand enjoy.
Let me know if anyone tries this, it’s so delicious. I may have completely wasted this morning’s workout but I regret nothing!